Monday 22 February 2016

:: phacelia ::

A rather pensive day here in Christchurch...the clouds have been hovering low and moody all day, and the temperature did not warm as it has everyday for the past couple of weeks.  
Miss P has been tucked up in bed for most of the day, reading, as she managed to get some kind of bug.
Then, of course, it has been the 5th anniversary of the 2011 earthquake that changed everything in this city.
On the positive side, I've had a spontaneous visit from a friend from the North Island, whom I hadn't seen for over two years and I think we might have talked nonstop - that was fun!
Phacelia, I read, has over 200 species in it's genus.  I think I've only ever seen two varieties - this one and one with the same colouring but a toothbrush-shaped head??? They are a great flower to have in the garden - wonderful for attracting beneficial insects into the mix.  Right now I have the beginnings of a green shield (or STINK BUG) gang and I wonder what beneficial thing I might be able to encourage to encourage those guys to exit my garden, pronto?

No comments:

Post a Comment