Friday 12 February 2016

:: gardenia ::

One of the lovely things about tropical holidays is the smell in the evening - all those beautiful flowers that come into their own in the dark, seductive scents wafting and drifting on gentle ocean breezes. The gardenia is one of those with a particularly sweet and luscious fragrance.
This bloom is from a bush planted 28 years ago in the front garden of a dear friend by her late mother. Recently, it survived being transplanted to her back garden and this Summer is covered in masses of splendid waxy-white flowers, pretty good going for a 28-year old shrub.

2 comments:

  1. How lovely. It definitely loves its new home. I'm picking bunches of blooms daily. Must feed it Epsom salt this evening. It's the first thing I see each morning when I open my bedroom curtain. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. It definitely loves its new home. I'm picking bunches of blooms daily. Must feed it Epsom salt this evening. It's the first thing I see each morning when I open my bedroom curtain. Xxx

    ReplyDelete