Saturday 20 February 2016

:: nemesia ::

best pic I could take - wind fairies were not helping!
Some time ago in early Summer, we scattered a whole packet of Mr.Fothergill's Wildflower Mix, which came with a copy of New Zealand Gardener magazine, over a tray of seed-raising mix and...
...as you'd expect - hundreds of tiny plants germinated!
This is one of them - a sweet and delicate petite 'nemesia' (I think!!). It is not named on the packet, but what is named is not what this is...so I'm guessing - do you know? 
The seeds are part of 'PLAN BEE' - a way of getting us humans to sow flowering plants to provide bees and beneficial pollinators with the nectar and pollen they need.
I'm enjoying the delicate, swaying, gentle character of these very pretty flowers. Planted in a couple of places, I am looking forward to them clumping up and putting on a corker display for Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment