Wednesday 13 January 2016

:: portulaca grandiflora ::

One of the things about having children is finding out that we never stop learning - everyday I learn something when I interact with our daughter. My beliefs are challenged everyday (or it seems that way) and most of them now are pretty loosely attached, if at all.
Small things like flower choices. In the garden centre she's choosing these sweet wee portulaca and I find myself thinking "I really don't like those flowers, at all, no, she can't be choosing them, please, no, not in our garden, not right where everyone will see them as they arrive at our place...etc" After much internal struggle and realising rationally that which flowers she chooses for her part of the garden doesn't really matter, I endorse the purchase. 
In truth, these delicate, papery-petalled portulaca are perfect exactly where Phoebe has sited them in a trailing planting through her cactus/succulent garden - they light up the mostly monochromatic plot with bursts of intense Summer colour - truly gorgeous!
how limiting were my beliefs?!

No comments:

Post a Comment