Monday 11 January 2016

:: geranium ::

Our house is pink. Yes, a pretty,  soft, salmony pink Summerhill stone quite prolific in these parts during the 1960's. Pink! Crikey, I never thought I'd be living in a pink house.
 Come to think of it, though, I really did harbour romantic fantasies about living in Gerald Durrell's 'Strawberry Pink Villa' in Greece when reading 'My Family and Other Animals' as a child...hmmm... Anyway, I've been making peace with the pink house...
...over Winter I'd been propagating lots of these bright pink geraniums from cuttings I'd taken in Autumn from a big pruning job I did.  Some went to the school fair plant stall and some have made it into the front garden, some even surrounding our street tree out on the grass verge (!) - might as well embrace the pink :)

No comments:

Post a Comment