Friday 3 June 2016

:: verbena iii ::

Aha! got 'em! Well, as best as able to today...I stood between the sun and the verbena (?) flowers and the photo, while not fantastic, is way better.  Love how the near-to-opening buds are like little pentagonal cushions...
...and it was so sparkling bright again...sunshine in crystalline relief - another crispy cool frost morning...left it much later before walking Miss Olive...and even then I realised I'd worn flimsy socks - ice block toes - which became apparent the longer I stood chatting to a neighbour down the street...
...enquiring after the care of dahlias at this time of year, as I noticed him working his row of dahlias, I was delighted to meet an inhabitant of our street of 54 years! Isn't that amazing?  
He and his family were the first family to buy and move in down the road.  He was 21 then, in 1962 and today is his birthday, so he's 76 today! He very happily gave me the advice I needed and my day has indeed been much the happier for that little chat in his driveway. 
Plus I now know what to do with the dahlias! 
Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment