Wednesday 8 June 2016

:: leucanthemum vulgare ::

Some days are just so sunshiny like this petalled disk of sunshine goodness that is the common daisy...
...and I delighted in finding some peeping out at me on the morning stop-start-stop-start kind of walk with the curious Miss Olive today...
...apart from that I was opportunistic in the garden, moving things around and tidying before we get really blasted with the weather again...
...something miraculous was finding a 1 litre plastic container with about 50 sweetpea seedlings all standing tall and proud, having accidentally germinated after ((me) accidentally) getting water in the bottom of the container...was a lovely moment to transplant them into pots to grow strong through the Winter in the greenhouse, especially since I thought I'd missed the boat on sweet peas this year!
...more miracles were self-sown vermillion calendula plants - all happily sitting in 'wrong' places, of course...so these I dug up and transplanted out to the relatively bare front garden, around the apple trees and along the fenceline, filling in gaps...
...and lastly, I would like to mention the erlicheer or daffodil bulbs I 'found' on top of the soil at the domain recently...they should make their presence known along the path into the front garden in a few weeks' time, so long as neither the local feline or avian populations dig them up for me first!

No comments:

Post a Comment