Monday 13 June 2016

:: primula vulgaris ::

...not blue, not purple-blue, even, but PURPLE - is the colour of these small Winter wonders tucked away all Summer and Autumn...
...below two pears espalliered outside the sleepout is an efficient under-planting of comfrey plus these delightful little primroses or polyanthus...
...during the warmer months the comfrey sprouts explosively up and over their heads, shading them from the heat of Summer...
...and once all the fanfare of the comfrey dies down as it does after being harvested for the last time around the end of May, then it is time for these little beauties to shine and they do all through Winter and into Spring...until...yes, you've got it - comfrey time again! 
...but back to the colour - what the heck is wrong with my camera - I've tried all that I can think of and it is truly clear in this photo - as I say - these flowers are PURPLE, not the blue depicted by this photo. The camera appears to be taking captures that are on the very cool side - and it bothers me when I care about colour as I do...any suggestions? It is an Olympus XZ-1...
...


No comments:

Post a Comment