Saturday 21 May 2016

:: rosa xxii ::


A broody Autumn afternoon - stormy Southerly lashing at the front of our house with what feels like more moisture inside as we have the heat pump pumping and it is less than 10 degrees outside...brrr...
...perfect for hunkering down and making stuff, reading, baking, cooking, chatting and sipping lots of tea...
...more rosiness here today...
...these perfectly wrinkly little wonders are some flower carpet rose blooms that were lovingly arranged at my bedside by Miss P, perhaps, 3 months ago...
...as they gave way from fresh and pert to soft and droopy and browning slightly at the edges I looked at them sideways from time to time...
..."should I put you in the compost bucket today?" I thought...nah...
...this went on for several months as you can see...a couple of times others in the household have asked me how long the dead flowers were going to stay on the shelves...
... at some point I noticed the softness had dried to a delicately-crumpled rose petal leather...
...and I fell in love with these pretty pink mini-roses all over again...









No comments:

Post a Comment