Tuesday 15 March 2016

:: rhododendron vireya ii ::

Oooh! I learnt something tonight! I like that!
Richard W and Tracey Y had both suggested getting an app to help identify flowers a wee while back and I'd not had occasion to need one until tonight...I had taken this photo in the weekend and out of context I'd become completely stumped as to what it was.  
Enter 'LikeThat Garden' App and, hey, presto, problem solved - and it made me laugh, because it was just another variety of the vireya rhododendron I'd posted two days ago!!
I'm still not exactly certain of the variety - but I do know for sure it is a rhodo of the vireya kind.
A pretty cool app if knowing what plants are is your thing.  Only hitch seemed to be the app wants a live plant in front of it, but I tested it with viewing this flower as a capture in an e-mail and it matched it from that kind of quality - not bad, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment