Saturday 26 March 2016

:: cosmos iii ::

Flowers evoke all kinds of memories for me and these cosmos brought a couple of them back just now...
...a very long-time local at Morere sometimes planted out a not-often used paddock, which could be seen from the highway (and from our little patch across the river)in a swathe of beautiful cosmos of all colours...such a wonderful, beautiful act from someone who seemed otherwise to be endlessly busy...
...and the pure joy of finding these particular cosmos growing seemingly wild on the side of the highway between Nuhaka and Wairoa - just before Whakakihi, I think...
...and although it was windy and raining and the highway busy with more than the occasional logging truck, I got A to stop while I gathered some seed heads of these gorgeous bright pink cosmos...that was about 5 years ago and I've still managed to keep the seed each year...

No comments:

Post a Comment