Saturday 12 March 2016

:: centaurea cyanus ii ::

And finally here is a lovely blue version of the cornflower...sigh!
Guess what my 99 year old Nana's favourite colour is?  Yes, the colour of her eyes - not quite an Elizabeth Taylor violet blue, but a very pretty blue, none-the-less.  I always think of Nana when I'm around blue-hued objects - colour is a very strong sense for me. Oh - and smell, too - my olfactory sense can pull me right to a memory of a time where I last smelt whatever it was as if I was right there again...you too? Weird, huh.
Today we are visiting Nana - it is her 100th year - which seems fantastical to me - thinking of all the things that have happened in her lifetime, all the experiences, places she's been, people she's met, lived with, loved, cared for, cooked for. All the changes that have happened in this world around her...1916 was a completely different animal.  It is actually a favourite era of mine when thinking of art and innovation.  It seemed there was a crazy burst of wonderful creativity going on in the years just before WW1 and during.
 Being resourceful and writing this ahead of time, knowing Saturday is a fully-booked day, I will report on our visit on tomorrow evening....

No comments:

Post a Comment