Tuesday 2 August 2016

:: viola odorata ::

 I had hoped for a frosty framing for the first peek at one of my favourite flowers, the violet, this morning as we had a, shall I say, 'generous' frost.
But by the time I was back from walking Miss Olive, the frost was already disappearing and instead the violets were coated in the slightly more challenging to photograph fine droplets of misty water!
 I was so excited to remember that I had planted lots of little violet plants in Spring last year...and I hoped there might be...some...
...well, wishes do come true and I was met with a most agreeable sight surrounding the old apricot  tree - there was what could almost be described as a 'swathe' of violet plants covering the ground...and also exciting...
...the daffodil bulbs planted 2 years ago, which gave a small display last year, seem to have gathered strength and each one has 5-7 leaf shoots driving straight upwards from the midst of all these lovely, sweet-smelling violets...ah, Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment