Tuesday 30 August 2016

:: narcissus vii ::

We've been in Christchurch for 2 and a half years now...this is our third Winter.  
One of the things I truly look forward to through most of Winter is the flourish of gorgeous Spring flowering...and I think I actively seek them out - almost craning my neck in every direction to notice the newness and changes, even the sniff of a change and eyeing off tiny buds...it's exciting for me! (am still a safe driver, by the way - most of this craning is done while out walking Miss Olive!)
Well, Spring is almost, almost here...in the parks and gardens around here the first blossoms are floating gently in their slender-armed tree boughs and bulbs are bursting left, right and centre...magnificent.
In our own garden the pace is a little slower...am still eagerly anticipating our apple, peach, apricot and pear blossoms and the many bulbs I have been slowly building up over the past few Winters...
...these daffodils are so close...maybe tomorrow...will let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment