Sunday 11 December 2016

:: cynara cardunculus v ::

A party - in an artichoke! Three, beautiful, big, fat furry bumbles and one spritely honey bee all fully engaged in the pleasures of this pretty light purple artichoke flower.
I know we are growing these as a multipurpose plant in the front garden and that one of the purposes is as a perennial food-source...
...but I haven't quite gotten my head around how to cook these - so any tips will be welcomed for easy prep and eating!
Service may have been interrupted due to another party held yesterday and I may have allowed myself to be a wee bit distracted...
...as one of the other Mums commented: "You don't realise how tired you are until the last event (in a string of lots of events in the past term of school) is over and it hits you!"...this just about summed up the feeling upon the inevitable collapse onto the sofa last night...
...and I can't quite believe we then put the projector on to watch a beautiful anime movie (Wolf Children) with Miss P - but we did and it was beautiful and probably just what we needed before falling swiftly and soundly to sleep straight after :)

No comments:

Post a Comment