Monday 11 April 2016

:: dahlia vii ::

Today I've been thinking about a wonderful neighbour from Possum Bend, who passed last week.  My days have been whizzing by in a blur for the past several weeks and today I got time to pause and reflect for awhile. Pete would never have realised how much he gave to our little family, when we had moved ourselves so far away from our extended families eight years ago.  He was a dependable ear when we needed it, saw such beauty in the world, hunted and foraged in op shops to rival my own habit, was generous to a fault and enjoyed many 'eats' with us with the gusto of one fully appreciating food and company alike.
I haven't been able to locate the name of this dahlia variety and so I think from now on, I'll just call it 'Pete'. XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment